Monday, February 16, 2009

Who's Up For a Challenge?

I was unable to post my cards yesterday, blogger was not cooperating with me so here is what was supposed to be for Monday. It's time now for another Roses on Paper Challenge!! Fellow DT member Lim, has set the theme of Love and Friendship. So, I chose to do a card for friendship. I had to create with colors that were not used for Valentines. This is the newest line of stamps that Summer has brought into the store called The Greeting Farm. I just adore these stamps!!! My fave!!! This set is called Pretty Head Anya and she has her cute little doggie friend with her. I used my favorite nestabilities to create the card and added some liquid pearls for accents! =)
My layout was inspired by a Mojo Monday sketch. I love this sketch, it really was so much fun to create with this set.
Here, I have also decided to create the inside of the card and I used all the same embellishments as I did on the front of the card.
Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey Two Scoops, SU Black and White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Prima Flowers,liquid pearls,nestabilities, dimensionals,martha stewart punch
For those of you who don't yet know the wonderful news about Summer and Roses on Paper, here it is! She has gotten Elisabeth Bell to create images for her and will be having them made into rubberstamps. This will be an exclusive line of stamps for Roses on Paper. There is a separate name for these stamps but you will have to wait for that until it gets closer to debut day!!!! How awesome and exciting is that??
This next challenge I have is for Alota Rubberstamps on Paper Craft Planet. This challenge is hosted by fellow DT member Birgit. She chose to do an inspiration challenge from this photo. So here is my card for the challenge.
I decided to go with the colors in the photo. I love this image, she could have also been used for Valentine's Day. Instead of coloring her clothes I paper pieced it as well as the umbrella.
Supplies:
Paper: SU DSP, Black and White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: SU Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Nestabilities

Here are some of the newest stamps that you can find at Alota Rubberstamps. There are 2 new sets for Easter and the first set can be found HERE. This next set can be found HERE. Aren't the bunnies cute!!=) Last but not least, a furniture set that can be found HERE.
Hope all of you have a great day and I'm sorry I have not been visiting you on your blogs the past couple of days. I am back to do so!! =)
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have time to participate in either one or both of these challenges!!

24 comments:

Riet said...

woww Jodi,what a gorgeous cards.l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Brocéliane said...

lovez your very elegant card with a pretty Anya:)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous cards Jodi, such cute images and beautifully coloured. Hugs Nikki x

Iris said...

Jodi you made two stunning cards!!!
Awesome job!!! What I love about the Anya card is how you popped up the flower on her hat to create a 3D look and also the head of the little doggie! Love your design and the matching inside!

hugs,
Iris

Risa Malieta W. said...

Wow ....both cards are stunners Jodi! The Anya card is colored in so beautifully and your second card totally rocks!
hugs
Risa:)

Lynn Johnson said...

Hello Jodi,

Visit us at http://www.greetingcardbusiness2u.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Lynn Johnson

Claudia Rosa said...

wow... jodi your cards are adorable.
i love the pearl necklace..
hugs
claudia

Susan said...

Love your card and the pearls are too cute! You color so beautifully! And I noticed her little dog next to her! Oh, us and our little pups! I adore the little sweetie with their umbrella and boots! Too sweet! They were both worth waiting for!

Rosette said...

such a lovely card Jo!! :) Love it.. the layout and colours are perfect!! ;)

Danni said...

Wow!! These are both amazing cards but I {love} the Anya one! So many extra little details that just make it a super card! Love the inside as well!
Awesome job!

Joy said...

WOW Jodi...you were a very busy girl! I love all your challenges! I don't know how you do it and don't get overwhelmed! I would be so lost! I love anyas any one of them! those alota stamps are cute too! wonderful job on the outside as well as the inside! whooo hoo!!

Heather said...

Jodi,

This card is lovely and WOW you totally outdid yourself on the inside of the card girl!!!

Your colors are amazing and I love the nesties and the coloring too!!!

Great Job!!!

Heather

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Both your cards are FABULOUS!! Wow, I love your Anya card! It's beautiful. Love your coloring and the great color combo! Love the second card too!! The image is so dang cute!!

Maria

Maria said...

Hey Jodi! Both your cards are FABULOUS!! Wow, I love your Anya card! It's beautiful. Love your coloring and the great color combo! Love the second card too!! The image is so dang cute!!

Maria

Michelle Ueligitone said...

That Anya card is the cutest with her little hat! Love it so much!

Janna said...

Jodi!!! Both of these cards are incredible!!! I love the colors combos and of course the coloring is absolute perfection!! And I adore the way you use the different shapes of your nesties! Really adds such a great touch to all your cards! But I have to say I am blown away by the way the first card opens! What a fabulous idea! I am so casing that!

sMiles,
janna

Helene said...

Very cute cards

Teri said...

Oh Jodi! I just love your Pretty Hat Anya!! The colors are beautiful and I love the nesties you used too!! I'm really trying to hold out from buying it! Awesome news for Summer, I can't wait! Your Alota challenge card is beautiful too! You just have a way to make everything so fabulous! See you soon!! xo, Teri

Rach said...

awww jodi you always make the most beautiful cards, love how you have the 3d effect for the hat looks so effective.xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

So so darling, love all of them.

Cami said...

Wow Jodi! I love both cards. Anya with her pearl necklace and the liquid pearls around your nestie looks great! Your coloring is absolutely fab!

CraftyC said...

OMG, your cards are gorgeous, especially Anya. Hope you are well!
Clairex

Lise Roy said...

gorgeous cards as always!

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the little pearls on your RoP card!
Helen x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS