Thursday, February 5, 2009

True As True Can Be

I am so in love with these adorable images from the Greeting Farm! I know you love them too. Well, I have Dorothy Anya and her little dog Toto and turned it into a Valentine's Day card. When I saw this image I immediately thought of my sweet little Allie, she is my little Yorkie terrier. She is so loving, sweet and friendly. Isn't it amazing how well our pets know us? They know what we feel and sometimes what we're thinking. She has been my little sweetheart for almost 11 years come May this year! =)
As mentioned in my last post, there is a Valentine contest going on. You must make a Valentine card with stamps from the Greeting Farm and come up with a poem for your card. Since I love my Allie so much, I wrote a poem about her and felt the card was perfect for the both of us. Here it is...
You always make me happy
You know when I am sad
You're always there to cheer me up
Whenever things are bad
You're so important in my life
This I hope you see
You'll always be my special friend
You're true as true can be.
Okay, I will be submitting this in just a bit. Hope it's good enough to win!! =) What do you think? If you want to participate, entries are taken up until this Saturday and 3 entries are the max number allowed.
I wanted to show you I used stickles in the center of the flowers in her hair. It was a combination of a pinkish one and then I added gold stickles to add a little more bling. The little hearts in the 4 corners are from the new Stampin' Up punch. I also used my nestabilities to frame the image. Speaking of nestabilities, if you love them and want to get more, or if you have all of them but want to get the new releases from CHA, Click HERE! You will be able to buy the nesties that are already out, and do a pre-order for those that were featured at CHA. The prices do not get any better than this, and you can even get FREE Shipping for your purchases!!
Supplies Used:
Paper: Groovy Guava, Whisper White, SU retired DSP
Ink: Copics
Accessories: SU 3 Heart Punch, Prima Flowers, Stickles, Riding hood Red Taffeta ribbon,
mounting tape, and nestabilities
It is finally Friday, let the weekend begin! Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.
Have a wonderful day!!=)

25 comments:

Joy said...

this is so sweet! I love how you accessorize your cards and add such cute detail. I hope you win the challenge. I love that nesties too. I think I better go purchase that one too! TFS! have a great weekend!

Rosette said...

This is sooo cute Jodi! Love those heart punch outs... they give such dainty detail. Lovely colouring. Hugs xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Danni said...

Oh this is so adorable! I just love the little flowers in her hair! Pefect!

Jen said...

Super Cute!!! She's adorable!!!

mycardz said...

Very very cute image and colored perfectly! :)

Cathy Y. said...

This is such a cute card Jodi!
Very nicely done - she is so precious. I really like the nestability frame too.

Monique said...

Jodi, this is so adorable!! I love the cute image

xx Monique

Summerthyme Studio said...

Jodi, this is incredible!!!

Rita said...

This is super cute & I luv the colors! I think it's a winner...good luck!

CraftyC said...

I received my Greeting Farm Stamps today, Cant wait to ink them up. Your card is amazing Jodi, beautifully coloured!
Clairexx

Berenice said...

You make such a cute cards! I love that image too; actually I made a card using it.

Margie said...

So sweet! I love her lil pigtails ;)
TFS!!!

Susan said...

Isn't she just too cute! I love Dorothy and I colored my Toto grey, like my Hagrid! I love the flowers in her hair and the colors you used. And I adore the nesties label. Gotta get that one. She's just too cute!

Islander Girl said...

Too cute and love the poem!!!! I still have yet to make mine and the deadline is tomorrow! Oye, I hope I'll be able to make at least one card! LOL!

I have a Yorkie too! She'll be one on the 25th! And she's a HUGE Yorkie! 13.3 lbs! And yes, she's full breed! LOL!

Cami said...

cute card and what a poet you are! Love the ribbon detail and the hearts. I hope you win the challenge...no reason you shouldn't with your talent.Good luck.

Rach said...

A beautiful card Jodi, love the sweet image.xx

Maria said...

Hey Jodi!! Your card is ADORABLE and I love your poem. I think you have a great chance of winning with that awesome card and poem! Your poem is cute and matches so nicely with your card. Beautiful job coloring the image too!!

Maria

Riet said...

o Jodi,you made fabolous cards,l love them all.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

Curt in Carmel said...

You are the coolest! I LOVED that very sweet poem. You and I have our beautiful babies in common. Mine are the center of my world. Love your card! Thanks for sharing your poem it was terrific! Best, Curt

Becky Carafa said...

Another cutie! I just love the color combo, the hearts in the corners, and how you used the nesties!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, you have coloured the image perfectly and the ribbons and hearts look fab

Janna said...

Jodi this is just awesome!! I love the layout and the double ribbons! So, so cute! And that poem is amazing! You are so talented in so many ways!! Wow, wow, wow! Oh and did you see your nurse tin was featured today out at club anya? You are on fire!

Smiles,
janna

Risa Malieta W. said...

What a beautiful card and your poem is very beautiful Jodi!
hugs
Risa:)

Enjoli said...

This is such a sweet card! I love how it came out. =)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS