Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pink Cat Is Fairy Sweet!

It's Day #2 for the sneak peeks of Enchanted Lily and today the design team and I have 2 new images to show you. The first image I have here is of enchanted Lily in a flower Lily and her frog friend on a lilypad--how appropriate!! =) I used my nestabilities for the image and SU circle punches for the sentiment. I also did some faux stitching on the edge of the card. (I got lazy and just didn't feel like sewing to make the card.)
Lily's wings are glittered with some dazzling diamonds and I added some crystal lacquer over the frog to give him a wet look.
This next card I decided to create a ladybug to represent Lily as a Ladybug. She is so cute sitting on that mushroom with her little ladybug friend. I guess this could pass as my first round card. =) Anyway, to create the swing effect of the wings, I simply added 2 brads at the top; one on each wing. Just slide the wings in opposite directions of each other and the inside of the card is revealed!
Such an easy card to make! Just take your Stampin' Up! circle punches and randomly place them on the wings of the lady bug, cut out a smaller black piece of cardstock for the head , thin strips of black cardstock for the antennae, and I used my Heart Trio Punch from Stampin up and used the smallest heart and glued it to the tip of the antennae.
Head on over and check out what the rest of the team has created, all you can say is WOW!
I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend! Come back tomorrow for the last image and start ordering your very own set of Enchanted Lily!! =)
Thanks for stopping by!!

23 comments:

Janna said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! I am in love with these cards! First the black against all that pink is just so striking in the first card! It immediately draws my eye to it and the second as a ladybug!!!! EEEE! I adore it! I am so casing this idea! The coloring is just unbelieveable and I love the creativity! Simply amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Lise Roy said...

Both are gorgeous
The ladybug card is so brilliant, love it!!!!!

Riet said...

woww Jodi,what a gorgeous cards,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Summerthyme Studio said...

OMGOSH!!!!! Look at this Lady bug card!!!!! How ingenious!!! I just LOVE it..........your first card is adorable as well......but that Lady bug!!!! WOW!!!!!!

Allison said...

You did a super job on both but that ladybug one is just exceptional!

Tammy said...

Jodi - WOW These are beyond cute. I love the ladybug...what a great idea. They are both so cute. I have to have these stamps.
Wow...so great!

Katy said...

So CUTE!!!!

Mariska said...

These are so gorgeous Jodi!! I love the colours and the papers you used on the first card and how clever is that ladybug card!!! How do you come up with these things!! I'll have to try that card sometime with that stamp, it would be a perfect card for a young girl. Thanks for the inspiration sweetie and enjoy your Sunday (or what is left of it :) ).

xxx
Mariska

Denise said...

Jodi,
You always make the neatest & cutest cards!!! I love these cards!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super cute in pink is the first one & the second one is WOW--so clever & creative! Love 'em!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rita said...

WOW Jodi!!!! These cards are so AWESOME!!! That ladybug is way too cute, over the top cute,I luv it! Your so creative!

Maria said...

oooh, so pretty Jodi! As always, fabulous job coloring the images. I love the black mixed in with the pink color. .it's such a nice contrast.

Your second card is beautiful. . .gosh, I love that lady bug card. Too cool! I have to try this out. Such a fun card!!

Awesome job on the 2nd day of sneak peeks!!

maria

Becky Carafa said...

Okay, that ladybug card is just too adorable, what a fab idea! And I love the colors on the first one, I think we all blinged up Lily's wings, lol!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

These cards are too cute! I love that lady bug! It was so nice seeing you at Regionals and congrats you lucky ducky on winning the stamp set! I am so jealous!
Hugs,
Michelle

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Wow Jodi, Both cards are just so gorgeous and as always love your colouring. I am so in love with your ladybug card and what a fabulous design, See you tomorrow ;-) Hugs, Nikki x

Teri said...

Jodi, this is SO CUTE!! I love it so much!! I need to make a ladybug card too!! Had so much fun yesterday!! Can't wait to come over to play! xoxo

Ladypou said...

wow!! The ladybug.. thats a great looking card :)

Cathy said...

These are both just the most amazing things!!! So cute and creative. I really love them both. The ladybug is so amazingly cute!! Great job!!

Risa Malieta W. said...

Wow.... both cards are super duper caute Jodi! Your first card is awesome and your coloring is tops! I can't get over how cute the ladybug card is...very unique!
hugs
Risa:)

Nancy said...

What gorgeous cards! My fav is the lady bug that opens. TOO Sinkin' CUTE!

Margie said...

Holy stamps!!! I adore your ladybug card! What a beautiful creation!!!
Great work Jodi :)
xo, margie

Valerie said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww HOW ADORABLE!!!!

Tammi said...

OH WOW! Both so amazing!! That ladybug card is perfect for that image, so clever! And the first is adorable, I think that's my fav image from that release, cute!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS