Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ian's A Star & Going Green

I'm back!! I needed a couple of days to do nothing...everything has just been so hectic lately and very busy. Since the weather has been very windy, rainy and cold there have been so many patients coming in to see their doctors for a cold or flu like symptoms which means we as medical staff need to keep healthy. Well, one thing that I was lucky enough to do was create a card for the challenge going on at The Greeting Farm. Marie has a challenge where we are to case a card created by Kristine, and she has done a wonderful job!! It's no wonder her card was chosen to be cased! =) I chose to use Skater Ian and colored him with my copics, added some stickles to his skateboard in black and some orange. I also used a little bling for the corners of the image and the card to accent and added a glittered star to match the star on his shirt. The paper I used is from stampin' up, as well as the star punches and grosgrain ribbon. I have also used the Martha Stewart Punch to add a border to the bottom.
This second card I created using stamps that I just received from Helene at Alota Rubberstamps! I love St. Patrick's Day, because it's a fun day but I think more so because it is the day my parents were married!! Soon it will be green day! Wow, the days are flying by so fast!!! I don't come across too many St Patrick's Day stamps so when I got this stamp and a few others ( I will be showing this month) I had to create with it right away! Here is the finished product of one. To create this card I colored the image with my copics, used a small heart punch and pieced the hearts together to create the shape of a 4 leaf clover. I then added some green brads to hold them in place and later mounted them with dimensionals for a 3D look. Then I decided to use my photo corner punch from Stampin; up! to highlight the image. The last thing I did was layer the image. The DP matched so perfectly with the colors scheme I was looking for and it's from Basic Grey called Boxer. This stack is great to use for making masculine cards. If you like it, I got it here. Thanks so much for taking your time out to stop by for a visit and I greatly appreciate the time you take to leave me a comment. =)

9 comments:

Riet said...

woww Jodi,what a gorgeous cards,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Danni said...

Great cards, as usual!! Well done!

Marie said...

OMG! I love your take on the challenge. I really like the way you colored Ian. I need to learn how to make my coloring lighter. I am working on a card for Marie's challenge... hope to get it done in time! Have a great week Jodi!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous cards Jodi, Ian looks so cool and both images are coloured beautifully as always, Hugs Nikki x

Maria said...

Glad to see you back, Jodi! I can imagine all those sick patients coming in. I've been sick myself for the past few days!

Love your Ian card. Super job coloring him and he looks so cool on his skateboard!!!

Your St Patty's card is fabulous too! I'm lovin' the sparkles on your card . .very pretty!

maria

Heather said...

Hi Jodi!!

I have been away from blog land for a few days and also had computer problems for a couple of days so I wanted to drop by and tell you Congrats on joining our Flutter By Team!!! I really look forward to seeing what wonderful Flutter By Cards you will make for us!!!

Flutter By Wednesdays has been a fun team to be part of!!!

I love both of your cards!!! Your Skater Card is great and so is that really cute St. Patricks day card!!! I love all the sparkle and greens!!! I have not inked up Skater Ian yet, but I think I will go do that now!!!

Heather

Margie said...

I'm in love with your skater Ian!!! I just ordered him to make stuff for my boys - he's sooo adorable! I love what you did with him - the coloring is awesome :)
TFS!

Janna said...

Glad to see you back and wow have you created some amazing things!!! I adore skater Ian!!! You did such a great job of coloring him in and incorporateing that star! That is just too perfect and your St. Patty's day card is so festive! beautiful job on the hat and incorporating the shamrocks! Love it!

Smiles,
janna

Risa Malieta W. said...

Wow...both of your cards are so pretty and I love your single layer card..very pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS