Monday, January 19, 2009

Spring Will Be Here Soon

For most of you who live in areas that have tons of snow, I know you can't wait until Winter is over. Well, I know what I am about to say can't be compared to most of you who live in cold, snowy areas. Here in Hawaii, the weather has been pretty cold, sometimes freezing for some. We have experienced a low of 49 degress in some areas. Yeah, I know some of you are either laughing or thinking -- whatever, that's nothing! I actually like cool weather but it freezing cold weather. LOL! Anyway, I had colored my Elf (her name is Alva) when the collection came out but I totally forgot about it. Since I found her tonight, I had to use her fora card. =)
She is sitting on a flower that I colored to look like Spring, but somehow it looks like Summer...
Speaking of Summer, I got all of my images from Roses on Paper. You may want to head over there to check out the new stuff she will bring in. One of which is all of the stamps from The Greeting Farm, more Magnolia stamps, Ink Pads and sooo much more! If you would like to preorder your stamps for The Greeting Farm, drop Summer an email and she'll take care of the rest. =) Back to the card, I stamped the flower image 3 times to get that look. I stamped the flower she sits on, cut it out and popped it up with some dimensionals (mounting tape). Then I sponged in the grass and background for the sky. I punched out my sentiment and used dimensionals to pop that up too. Lastly, I added flowers to match.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Magnolia, Stampin' Up
Paper: Brocade Blue, Groovy Guava
Inks: Copics
Accessories: 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, dimensionals, & Flowers from All Natural
Accents.
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Iris said...

Jodi she is just gorgeous! I like how you popped Alva up and your card layout is great! Your coloring is superb. Your cards always look so crisp... I love it!

Lim said...

Jodi, this is beautiful!!. I love this card. Love the papers and the coloring. Gorgeous!
Hugs,
LIM

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card realy pretty ,love it ,hugs Dawnxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Jodi--this is so adorable. She looks so cute all popped up. I enjoy looking at the way you color with the Copics. I have to practice. Take care and have a great week.aloha Liann

Denise said...

She is so cute! You did a great job! Hope you are feeling better, I missed you at Teri's yesterday.

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Jodi! Your card is simply adorable and that image is so darn cute. You did a fabulous job coloring the image. .. so pretty!!

Maria

Joy said...

this is such a cute card! the elf is a magnolia stamp? you must have tons of stamps...I have never seen someone post so many creations w/ different stamps! I love it! I wish I could be like you!!! TFS!

Lise Roy said...

WOW!
gorgeous card!
Love the stamps, the colors, your coloring, the flowers...

Margie said...

What a cutie!!! I love it! Really pretty :)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is so pretty Jodi and your colouring of this cute image is beautiful, I love the gorgeous flowers Tilda is sitting on, Big Hugs, Nikki x

malieta said...

Oh Jodi....your card is super duper cute! I love this image so much and I love the way you embellished your beautiful card!
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

Jodi this is just adorable!! I just love how you color and arrange your creations!! Everything is always amazing!! I have to say I laughed when I saw a lot of 49. We aren't as bad as some places across the country but last week were in the minuses!

Smiles,
Janna

Rita said...

Awesome card Jodi! Great coloring!!!

Valerie said...

another adorable card!

I didn't think it got THAT cold there! eeeek! I can't wait for spring to be here and I just know that winter isn't over here yet.

Enjoli said...

Very very cute.. I love the color combo. =)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS