Saturday, January 31, 2009

Magazine Holder Tutorial

As promised, here is the tutorial for the Magazine Holder.
Here are the supplies you will need to create it. I lost my attachment of the scoring blade so I had to improvise with the bone folder.
Well, this was the best way for me to show you what your cardstock shall look like after you have scored all the lines.
First cut your cardstock to 8 3/4" x 7". The picture above may not be so clear with the numbers but the one below is clearer. You may click on each photo to see the numbers better.
After you have gotten all your scored lines done, you will now cut on all of the solid lines.
Now you will fold on all the dashed lines.
Here, you will fold over the flap to create the bottom of the holder.
Another photo to show you I folded the paper over.
Another view.
Here is what the base of the magazine holder will look like.
Now you can start by adding sticky strip to keep the flaps down and adhere top to bottom.
Here I have decorated with some designer paper and ribbon along with a sentiment.
This is the completed product and I have created 3x3 cards to fit perfectly!!
Now you try it and I would love to see the pics of your magazine holder. Please post a link to your creations here.
Have fun!

12 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial! I will have to try it tomorrow. Miss you...
Hugs~ Denise

jennyv said...

Thank you for sharing. I will try this someday when I find the time. It look simple and fun. Btw fantastic v-day cards love the cupid.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your magazine holder is fabulous Jodi. Thank you for sharing your tutorial, I love your gorgeous Billy cards, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anki said...

Wow Jodi! What a great tutorial! That I def. need to try! Hope you've had a wonderful weekend my friend! Tons of hugs - Anki

Maria said...

Oooh, what a cool project, Jodi!! Thank you for creating the tutorial. It's such a fun way to store your cards and other papers. I love your Billy card. . .so adorable and fabulous job coloring the image too!!

Maria

Janna said...

Jodi, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I can hardly wait to give this a try. My mom actually went out here and told me about the tutorial! I am just so excited!

Smiles,
janna

Denise said...

I did it! I made one using the tutorial, now I need to make matching cards & then I will post.

Teri said...

Wow Jodi! Thanks for the awesome tutorial! I'm going to have to try this out soon!! xoxo

Joy said...

great tutorial! I love how you came up with such great ideas/projects for us to use =) thanks so much!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

This is too cute! I have to try it! TFS!

hugs,
Michelle

carpediem said...

What great blog candy! I loved your magazine holder tutorial and would be interested in any future tutorials on 3-d projects! Thanks for sharing!

Celly said...

Great tutorial ! Thanks for sharing !

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS