Tuesday, January 27, 2009

LOVE My Pink Cat Stamps--DT Challenge

Yesterday was the start of the first Pink Cat Studio DT Challenge on Paper Craft Planet. I was waiting for some pieces to dry for my card before I pieced it all together and here is the result of it. This is my entry for the challenge...not to win but just to join in all the Pink Cat fun!! =)
As mentioned yesterday, this awesome challenge was created by DT member Janna. Here's the information for the challenge:

Description:
Since Valentine's Day is coming up fast, I have a LOVE themed Challenge for you! But this isn't any old love themed challenge, this is a special one! My challenge for you is to create a card or project with at least four elements (you can have more if you would like), but four of your elements have to spell LOVE. For example, you can use Layers, Ovals, Violet, and Embellishments; see spells love. Or you could use Lily, Owls, Very pretty sequins and Emerald brads. Spells love. The possibilities are endless and yes, V can stand for very! Just remember that four of your elements must spell LOVE. Have Fun, can't wait to see what you come up with!Date the challenge ends: Tuesday February 10th, 5 pm EST.

Requirements:
A Pink Cat Studio stamp must be used as the main stamp on the card or project. It is okay to use stamps from other companies as well. Your entry can be a card or any type of 3D project.To be eligible for the prize you must upload your card before the deadline to your PaperCraftPlanet gallery and include the tag PCSDTC1. You may enter only 1 project for this challenge.If you have questions about this challenge, please post them in the challenge discussion thread in the Pink Cat Studio group on Paper Craft Planet. Here is a link to the group: http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/pinkcatstudiolilyandbillylovers
Prize:
On February 11th, a winner will be chosen by a random draw from all of the challenge participants. The winner will receive a grab bag of Pink Cat Studio stamps. The winner will be announced in the PCP challenge discussion thread and on the Pink Cat Studio blog. Some cards from the challenge will be displayed on the PCS blog and all entries will go into the PCP gallery.
I decided to use the stamps from the Lily and Tweet stamp set. Here is the translation of my card for L.O.V.E.
L=Lily
O= Oval and Orange
V= Violet
E= Embellishments
I had so much fun with the challenge and working with this stamp. I love how Lily can be any color combination because she is a glamour girl. =) As long as she has bling, she looks perfect for the occassion. I also had a chance to do a little bit of sewing on my card for an added embellishment.
I have tried to make Tweet as detailed as I could with the glitter. So I took this pic to show you that I gave Tweet some shiny gold glasses to go with the entire look. I also used silver stickles on Lily's ring for the diamond, and used silver liquid pearls to accent her necklace.
You can purchase Pink Cat Studio Stamps through Pink Cat Studio as well as at the
7 Kids College Fund!! If you have not been there before... just be sure you have $$$ because you will want to buy it all! The good thing is whatever you purchase, you will see the discount on each item. Happy Shopping!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio (Lily and Tweet)
Paper: Perfect Plum, Basic Black, White CS (LSS)
Ink: Copics, Craft white Ink
Accessories: Oval Nestibilites, Prima Flowers, Silver Liquid Pearls, Silver, Gold and Purple
Stickles, Dimensionals, and thread
Well, that's it for today! Have a great hump day and I'll see you tomorrow! =)

14 comments:

L.Nielsen said...

wow this is marvelous! I absolutely LOVE the colors you have chosen, and all the little details. The glitter is fab as well as your coloring!
Just an all around GREAT Card!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Janna said...

Jodi, I love it!!! You did such a fantastic job!! She does look glamorous and it was worth the wait! I am in total awe of you!!

Smiles,
janna

Danni said...

Oh this is wonderful! I have a friend who is in the Red Hatters and this is a perfect idea for that!! Love it!

Becky Carafa said...

How cool! I love the bling!

Margie said...

Fabulous!!! I love the color combo you chose to use! Brilliant! I really like that image too - you did an awesome job!
TFS! xo

Lise Roy said...

Beautiful!

Love violet and orange together...

Joy said...

so cute your little diva lady! love how you colored, added sparkles and the layout! you go girl...I don't know when you find the time! once my life settles down I hope I can do more crafting! great job on that card!

Rita said...

I luv all the glitter on this card Jodi! This card is AWESOME!!! Luv the colors& the card reminds me of the ladies in the Red Hat Society!

Valerie said...

OMG thats sooo cute! I love all the BLING!!!

Susan said...

Oh, how sassy and cute is she? I love Lily! Love the red and purple together and she's able to carry it off! And that stinkin cute bird! Just adorable!

Maria said...

Wow, such a glama girl! LOL! Sassy!! Love all the glitz to your card. . .and the fabulous colors!! It really makes your card really stand out!!

Awesome job on the challenge!!

Maria

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

I love this Jodi! Fabulous work and the colours are gorgeous, Love the beautifully coloured image and all the sparkle, Big Hugs, Nikki x

CraftyC said...

Hello Jodi, I just love this card, she looks a real diva. Hope you are well and its not to cold LOL
Clairex

Islander Girl said...

Hahaha, that stamp is funny and cute! I love all the details you added it totally makes your card pop out!

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS