Monday, December 8, 2008

ROP PCP Challenge #1

I hope all of you had a great weekend, and made it a productive one while shopping for all of your Christmas gifts. I on the other hand, have not made a dent in my list, and looks like it's another one of those years when I procrastinate again...lol. Today's card was created for the very first Roses on Paper challenge on Paper Craft Planet. Since I am hosting this challenge, I must tell you to head on over there to win a really great prize!! ( Wish I could participate) The challenge is to create a Christmas card so I finally was able to use my Tilda with Candy Cane stamp.
For some reason, this stamp seems to be a little larger than some of the other standing Tilda stamps. Anyway, I had fun making it because I was able to use my Stampin' Up items for the entire card. If you look closely you can see that I added some crystal lacquer to the candy cane giving it a realistic look. Here are the supplies used:
Stamps: Tidal & Candy Cane, Baroque Motifs
Paper: SU DSP I Wish, Chocolate Chip CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories: 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, SU DSP I Wish stickers, dimensionals and crystal lacquer.
Join us for the fun and remember the winner will be announced December 22nd.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

19 comments:

Its ME said...

Have a healthy week ahead too, Jodi.

Bye and keep your life simple and clear too.

Love, Joy and Peace.

Denise said...

Very pretty! It was nice seeing you on Saturday. Have a nice week.

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Great Card Jodi...love your colour combinations and sucha great image. love the look of the candy cane. Great Job!
Judy x

Margie said...

Cute card :) Coloring is great!
Love your Tilda stamps!

Rosette said...

LOVELY card sweetie :0) that candy looks yummie :)

Joy said...

Love the Tilda...love the coloring as always...I am so sad I missed you at Teri's party...I hope I get to meet you soon! Thanks for always inspiring me to keep making crafts!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Hey Jodi! I was so happy to finally meet you at Teri's. You are just as sweet in person as on your blog! Hope to maybe see you at Jen's on the 21st! Have a wonderful week and I love this Tilda card!

Marie said...

Lovely! I really love this card. I really like your color combo and how you colored Tilda.

Rita said...

Gorgeous card & I luv the colors & DP you used! Fantastic job Jodi!!!

Lim said...

Beautiful card Jodi!!
I love the colors and the stamps. :))
Hugs,
LIM

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, love the cute Tilda and the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Teri said...

Love this tilda card!! So sweet, just like you!! Great seeing you on Saturday!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous!! I gotta go check it out!! I love roses on paper!!!

Iris said...

Gorgeous card Jodi! I love what you did with the candy cane, looks real!

Hugs
Iris

Catherine said...

this is so adorable, Jodi

Valerie said...

awww I just love how you made the little postage stamp with the new scalloped square CUTE!

Rina said...

too cute Jodi!

Susan said...

She's just too adorable! Love the papers (I'm a paper person!), and the candy cane looks good enough to eat!

Maria said...

Hey Jodi!! Congratulations on being chosen for the PCS DT!! We're on the same team! How exciting! I was so happy to see you on the team! LOL!

It's no wonder. . .your work is beautiful! I can see a lot of beautiful creative cards and projects coming from you!!

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS