Monday, December 1, 2008

A Holiday Thank You

As promised, the good news...actually the GREAT news! I was asked to be the Guest Designer this week for the challenge blog A Spoonful of Sugar!! I never imagined an opportunity like this and when I was asked if I'd be interested, I immediately said YES! This opportunity along with recently becoming a DT member for Roses on Paper seems too good to be true, I almost have to pinch myself. =) Ok, onto the card! The challenge is to make a Thank You card and I chose one of my favorite Sarah Kay stamps for Christmas then decided to use the sketch from Friday Sketchers blog challenge.
I just love that top she is wearing and the big bow tied behind her. To keep the theme of ribbons, I decided to make the card look like a present too. Last but not least, I'd like to say a huge Thank you to Nikki and the Spoonful of Sugar Challenge DT for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be your Guest Designer for the week. =)
Supplies used:
Stamps: Sarah Kay, SU Circle of Friendship (retired)
Ink: Memento Ink, copics
Paper: Real Red CS, White CS (LSS), Basic Grey Wassail Paper
Accessories: SU Gold cord(retired), Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Nestabilities.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! =)

17 comments:

Rosette said...

LOVELY card and lovely news sweetie :) This is just stunning :)

Scossie Jane said...

Love this card. The colours are stunning. Love the BG Wassail papers and your colouring of the stamp is beautiful.

Glad to have found you.

Jane xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is gorgeous Jodi and beautiful colouring as always, love the gorgeous papers and bright ribbon, Thank you so much for being our guest designer this week, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rita said...

Congrats Jodi!!! You so deserve it girl, you inspire us all!!!
I luv your card, very clever to make the card look like a gift as well!

bumblebee creations said...

Your card is beautiful!! A big congratulations goes out to you, on your two very exciting new adventures!! Wow-what a lucky gal-but you make gorgeous cards, so no surprise there!! : ) Can't wait to see more....

Catherine said...

WOW, Jodi. This is so pretty.
You have to teach me how to color your images :)

Maria said...

Whoohoo! Congratulations Jodi on being a DT and guest DT!! Sounds fun! Can't wait to see all your lovely creations!

Thank you for the lovely Thanksgiving card and the images. I think I'm going to make a card using one of the images today. You are a total sweetheart.

Well, your card is so festive. . .I love it. You did a beautiful job coloring the image!!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Jodi, the coloring on this card is outstanding! I wish I could color like that too! I really like the background paper too! Congrats on being a guest DT! You so deserve it! Have a great day!

malieta said...

Congratulations on your DT position Jodi! Your talent is awesome and you are so very deserving. I look forward to viewing your creations from both Roses on Paper and Spoonfull of Sugar!
Your card is gorgeous and the colors are stunning. You did a super great job bringing this stamp to life!
Keep up the great work:)
Risa

Susan said...

She's just too cute! I love the colors of her packages and the papers you used. And the ribbon is just perfect!

Ila said...

Congratulations Jodi! on both accounts...your creations are so Gorgeous ...it's not a wonder!!
This card is Beautiful!! love your coloring and paper...Thanks so much for entering my blog candy...Good Luck!!..Hugs, Ila

Teri said...

Congrats to you for getting selected to be on a DT and for being a guest designer!! Love your Holiday thank you card!

Janna said...

Congratulations!! I can definitely see why you were chosen! You are super talented! I love your coloring and layout on this card!! Wonderful job!

Smiles,

Janna

Bubbles said...

Fabulous card Jodi, the papers and layout of your card is gorgeous and the sassy image has been coloured beautifully. Congratulations on being our guest designer at ASFoS this week!
Joanne x

Rina said...

I love the color combo on this one.

By the way, congratulations on making the DT. You are so deserving of it. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Valerie said...

awwwww that card is just ADORABLE! the image is CUTE CUTE! and congrats on the guest designer!

Lise Roy said...

Gorgeous!
Love it!
I just order this stamps, will be under my Christmas tree...So cute!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS