Friday, December 12, 2008

Alota Rubberstamps!

Good morning all! Well, the weather here in Hawaii looks like it's finally clearing up after 2 days of heavy rain and strong gusts of wind. Currently it looks just like the sky in the background of my card. Today I'd like to tell you I have been chosen as a DT member for Alota Rubberstamps! They have all kinds of stamps that range from cute to backgrounds and accessories. The dog house of this card is a stamp from Alota, and it just went perfect when I paired it up with Rufus the dog from the Magnolia collection. I have also added some clouds in the background using my Stampin' Up cloud template and sponged some light blue ink. The rest of the images were colored using my copics.
I wanted to somehow create a collar as an accessory so I used red ribbon, added eyelets and used a vellum circle ring as a dog tag and wrote his name there.
Here, you can kind of see the clouds better. I have also used my P-touch to create his name and placed it above the entrance to his house. I cut and moounted Rufus to give a little dimension. Thanks for stopping by, I wish all of you a great day and I'll see you tomorrow! =)

14 comments:

Rita said...

Oh I think we're getting that weather that just left Hawaii! It's been raining & windy here since Wednesday, I hope it clears up soon.
Congratulations on making the DT, your going to do a great job!!!
Your card is so darn cute, I luv the scene you created!

Susan said...

Welcome to the alota design team i know that you are going to have so much fun with alota stamps .

Great card too

Iris said...

Congrats for being on the Alota DT Jodi! These are great news!
Your card is sooooooo cute!

Hugs,
Iris

Summerthyme Studio said...

This is just adorable!!!!

MichelleO said...

Hello and I wanted to come over and say Congrats and Welcome to the Alota DT!! I have added your name and link to your blog on our Paper Craft Planet Alota Group - I hope you will come and join in on our fun - Welcome again - and you are going to love being one of Helene's Alota DT's.. I do!
HUGS
MichelleO

Helene said...

Your card is very cute Jodi, I love your extra establishments... I am so pleased to have you on our Design Team

Janna said...

This is just so adorable!!! I absolutely love these stamps! I was actually looking at both of them online today and wondering if I needed them!! I definitely do now!! Okay and the dog collar idea!! AMAZING!!! I am so casing that!! Great job!

Smiles,
Janna

Janna said...

Also too!! Congratulations on making the PCS DT!!! I am so excited that you are on the team!! You are amazingly talented!!

Smiles,
Janna

Denise said...

Aw Jodi, that doggy is so cute! I love doggies......
Hope the storm didn't do too much damage on your end of the Island, we are ok here, just a flooded patio & the pool over flowed! Watching lightning right now.

Susan said...

Who can resist that cute little dog? Great card and I love that house! Congratulations on the Alotof design team! That's great! They'd be crazy not to take you though!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is adorable! I love the tag on the mock leash. What a cute idea.

Curt in Carmel said...

This has to be one of my favorites of your cards. Rufus is adorable and that dog house is the best! CONGRATS on the DT!!!! They are lucky to have you!!! Best, Curt

Joy said...

so cute this doggie! I love how this card came out...Congrats on your Alota DT! hope you are all dried out now...we are slowly getting there. isn't it amazing how much it rains and then the next day...sunny?!

Claudia Rosa said...

very pretty card jodi

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS