Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Top Note Box


Happy Hump Day! Today I have a box made with a Sizzix Top Note cut out. I have been trying to create a box that opens without the top coming off and to fit the size of these Magnolia Stamps since I have soooo many of them. The only thing I could come closest to is the square box also known as the Pizza box. So, to create this box I took a shirt box (one you would use to give away with clothes in) and cut the center to simulate a pizza box only it was in the shape of a rectangle. That worked well so, I had to play with the size of the box and finally came down to a set dimension. I will post a tutorial of the box in case you want to make one too! =)
Here is what the front looks like. In a previous post, I said I will have to start making things with the tons of Magnolia Stamps I own so here is one of them. She is called Standing Fall Tilda. I love this stamp because of how she has her head tilted--so cute!! =) I decided to make something festive for the season but you can use this kind of box for any occassion.
Here is a top view of the box. I used the Sizzix die called Top Note to cover the box because this gave it a better looking appearance and I got this idea from a box of candy. I recall as a child having those boxes of candies that opened up like this, I used to refer to them as "story book " boxes because they opened just that way...like a story book. LOL. Anyway the top note gave it a better finish.
Here is the inside of the box and you can fill it with anything your heart desires. I found a bunch of prima flowers so I put that in there just for looks. The Magnolia stamp and the prima flowers were purchased from my friend Summer's store at Roses on Paper. Check her store out, she has really great products and you will LOVE her service!!! =) Tell her I sent you. =) All other products are from Stampin' Up. Hope you all have a great Wednesday. Thank you for stopping by and starting your day with me. =)

12 comments:

Rita said...

Wow, what a fabulous idea, this came out beautiful! Can't wait to see the tutorial!

Margie said...

Sooo cute! That is an adorable Magnoia stamp :)
I can't wait to see your tutorial!
TFS!
xoxo, margie

Anonymous said...

Ubber cute card Jody...i totally think those stamps are so adorable..TFS..aloha..Liann M.

Teri said...

Love what you did here. Did you know that there is a tutorial for this box with top note die? I'll have to find it and send it to ya! Ahhh, love this Tilda image!!

CraftyC said...

Stunning Jodi, I so want that die, its great!!
Clairex

Catherine said...

too cute, i love this :)

Joy said...

love that box! I love what people create with the top notes die. I am so glad I bought one! thanks for sharing with us this wonderful idea...I can't wait till your tutorial! I may just have to make some for myself =)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Love your gorgeous box Jodi and Tilda looks gorgeous, Love the colours. I have something for you on my blog.. sorry it's not very cute.. quite scary in fact.. but to let you know "I love your blog! Hugs, Nikki x

Enjoli Bennett said...

Super cute Tilda! I love the color combo, perfect for the season =) ...

malieta said...

Your note box and Tilda are awesome Jodi! You are so creative and I love viewing your awesome creations!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

What a cute little box! We just made Christmas ones at our SU Stamp Camp. So cute. I love the Tilda stamp too!

bumblebee creations said...

another wow! Ok-so did you make the box that goes inside of the top note? This is sooo adorable! I get all my tildas from summer too! You just have tons of cool things here on your blog! I am having so much fun looking through it all! Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS