Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pink Cat Christmas

Can you believe it's already Sunday, the weekends need to be longer. As I mentioned a few days ago, I finally had a chance to mount my stamps from Pink Cat Studio so I was able to create this card. Another reason I wanted to make this card was to be able to use my pretty paper from Basic Grey called Wassail. I LOVE this stack! It's soooo pretty for Christmas. There are many other new prints from Basic Grey that you can get on my friend Summer's webstore called
Roses On Paper. Not only does she sell paper, her main product is Magnolias and so much more. Just recently she added Prima Flowers and I used them here on the card.
Another item that Summer has is Flower Soft. Flower soft is mainly used to accent your project to create a floral background. I 'm not sure what else you can do with it but I used it here on my card. I applied it to Lily's Santa outfit. The picture below makes it easier to view.
At first, I thought of using liquid applique, then I thought Fun Flock but none would really give it the look that I was going for and that's when I chose to use the flower soft. I think it makes it easier to see that it's a furry or fluffy kind of feel. I colored my image with my copics, used my straight square nestabilities, scallop square nestabilities, SU Stitched grosgrain ribbon, and liquid pearls. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! =)

9 comments:

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey Jodi! It's so good to see you posting again! Love this card! The detial is just amazing! Hope you are doing well! Best, Curt

Margie said...

I love your work! This is so Christmasy :) LOVE BG papers too! You did great! The details are outstanding!!!

Rita said...

This card is filled with beautiful details, awesome card Jodi!

Iris said...

wow what a beautiful card, Jodi! So much details and I love the colors as well as the image!!!!!

Iris

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Jodi, this card is so cute! I just love Christmas! I am so glad that you are back into the blog swing, we all missed you very much....but I guess getting married is sort of important too, lol.

Jen Tapler said...

Jodi this is BEAUTIFUL!! I ordered some Wassail paper online and your card is making me even more anxious for it to arrive!!! Now you have to tell me where I can get some of that Flower Soft! I've never heard of it???

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your cards are gorgeous Jodi and your colouring beautiful, love the flower soft, Hugs, Nikki x

malieta said...

Oh Jodi........your card is so pretty!!! The image from Pink Cat Studio is so cute and I'm loving the DP from Basic Grey...it is gorgeous!
Hugs
Risa:)
p.s. I saw the flower soft on Flourishes on-line site. I had no idea on how to use the product. However. now that I have seen your card I'm hooked Jodi! What a brilliant idea:)

bumblebee creations said...

Hello! I love this card too!! And I see now we have something in common! I purchase many things from roses on paper too! She is awesome! Love your coloring!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS