Friday, November 21, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Aloha! Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your weekend. I have a card today made using a Splitcoast Stampers Sketch #203. I also challenged myself to see if I could create a card with using only 3 colors.
For those of you Magnolia fans, you may be able to relate to me. Ever since I have been stamping and collecting these cuties, I have always wondered if there is a story behind Tilda and Edwin. Are they siblings? Are they a couple? I have still never found out the relationship they have. With that said, if I am creating a scene, I will make a story up. So, in this card I think she is headed home after picking some poinsettia flowers to decorate while Edwin is there getting dinner ready... LOL! So anyway, if any of you know the true relationship behind Tilda and Edwin I'm all ears! In the mean time, I would love to hear the stories you come up with just by looking at this card--just leave your story in the comments on this posting. =)
I colored my image first and glittered the entire winter scene to make it look like Winter's here. I also used Flower Soft on Tilda's clothing. It's the same thing I used in a previous card earlier this week. Flower soft has become the latest craze in paper crafts, and can be purchased at
Roses on Paper as well as the Magnolia stamps! (Happy Shopping--tell the owner of the store, Summer...that I sent you!)
One more thing, Enjoli is having some blog candy going on. She is pretty crafty!! Check her out!
Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Weekend!

16 comments:

Rosette said...

Wow Jodi... you never seize to amaze me !! This card, with all that you did in it is wonderful.. to say the least! I ♥ it to bits!! I don't know their story as well, but I imagine that she went to gather some frsh ponsiettas to make a beautiful flower arrangement for Edwin's return from home :) She seems so caring! :) lol
Send hugs to Summer..who gets these beauties, and tell her that I sent them!! :))

Rita said...

Amazingly beautiful Jodi! I luv it! I luv how you cut out Tilda & put her outside of the scene & added poinsiettas, looks great! She looks like she went for a walk to get the flowers to put on the table for a nice centerpiece for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Jodi once again a great card.I love how you color Tilda she is such a cutie. Since xmas is her fav holiday she had to pick some for her house to decorate. TFS...Liann

Enjoli said...

Hi Jodi! I just got this stamp from Jen at Little C's.. Your Tilda is sooooo cute... Thank you for inspiring me.. I'll try and get her inked up now. Hehehe.. =)

Marie said...

Beautiful creation, Jodi! You are the first one that used glitter as the snow. I LOVE it! This reminds me of the winters in Northern NY. This is how the snow looks like when it's fresh and new. Perfectly white and enchanting.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow Jodi, this is gorgous i love the little scene you have created and Tilda's furry trim on her coat. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Curt in Carmel said...

Your story would make sense however I don't think he is making dinner, because they have no mouths to eat it with! LOL Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one! It really is a cute card and even cuter that you are making up stories! I love coming here! Best, Curt

Michelle Ueligitone said...

This card is wonderful Jodi! I love the detail on her hood. I especially love the glitter! So cute!

Claudia Rosa said...

oh jodi.. this is juuust adorable.
i love this card!

Joy said...

WOW...this is an amazing card Jodi! I love the detail work on it! she does look so cozy and warm because she'll be entering into the winter storm to get home. she reminds me of little red riding hood =) so how did you make her coat all fuzzy?

Catherine said...

Jodi, this is just too cute. I never thought of using flower soft but i do love it :)

Islander Girl said...

Oooh wow, this is so amazing! I love everything about this card! Totally lovin' it!

CraftyC said...

Hiya Jodi, bet that is one scene you never get to view. I think Tilda is off on a retreat over xmas, get away from her busy schedule!!
Clairexx

malieta said...

Jodi your card is stunning!!!!
Tilda is beautiful and I love the background scene and the yummy sparkle!!!!!

Summer... said...

I LOVE the use of Flower Soft in this card Jodi...simply outstanding! Beautiful Tilda with Hood and Winter Background!!

Peta said...

This is gorgeous Jodi, I haven't used the flower soft yet, after seeing what can be done with I'll have to try it. Still waiting to see wedding photos!!!! Peta

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS