Friday, November 28, 2008

High Hopes Challenge #9

Hey there! Hope all of you had a very Happy Thanksgiving and got to spend it with close friends and relatives. Bryan and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family for lunch and his family for dinner. At both places, there were some fantastic dishes made by everyone. This year since we tied the knot, Bryan volunteered to make the turkey for his family and my sister volunteered to make the turkey for my family. Both turned out great!! =)
Anyway onto the card. I created a card for High Hopes challenge blog using the sketch below.
This was a great sketch to work with, and is also my first time participating in this challenge.

Here is a closer look at my card. I used ribbon to go across the card and added some silver eyelets and SU hodgepodge hardware to make it look like a belt, being that he is a cowboy! Then I also added a small silver bell to the main image to give it something different, it reminds me of cows that have those bells around their necks.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: High Hopes. SU Cowboy Kid
Paper: All SU Cardstock
Ink: Memento Black Ink, Copics to color, SU Real Red
Accessories: Silver Bell, Dimensionals, SU Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Silver Hodgepodge
hardware
Thanks so much for stopping by I hope all of you have a great Shopping weekend!
See ya tomorrow!

10 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

charlotte said...

Cute card, Jodi. How lucky you are that you were able to get the SU hardware - those sold out in no time.

Rita said...

Adorable card Jodi! I luv how it looks like two belts behind the image, great idea!!!

Margie said...

Sooo cute! Adorable stamp :) Love it all!

Lim said...

Wow Jodi, this is beautiful. I love the colors and the sketch is fab.
Your coloring as usual..gorgeous.

Hugs,
LIM

Rina said...

Hey Jodi,

Your card is fabulous!

Ila said...

I love your take on this sketch!! Your card is Gorgeous...love the coloring, papers, and details...Hugs, Ila

Crissy Armstrong said...

Oh wow I love this! Love your details, like the stars in the corner! Wonderful! Thanks for playing the HH challenge!

bumblebee creations said...

OMGoodnes!! This is just the absolute cutest card!!! I LOVE it! Genious the way you have made the ribbons to look like a belt!! WOw!

Joy said...

too cute...so lovable and adorable! great job on the layout fo r the challenge...hope you win! thanks again for the wonderful RAK!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS