Thursday, October 9, 2008

Penny Black Challenge #17 (sketch #3)


Good morning, it' Friday!! We are finally at the end of the work week, and for some of us, it's a holiday on Monday which means a 3 day weekend! I finally had a little bit of time to participate in a challenge and chose to do one for Penny Black. I have quite a bit of these stamps and now can put them to good use. These stamps are just so cute (like all the others out there)that you just sometimes have to have it. When my sister and I were little (around 4 years old) we went fishing and crabbing with my dad. Initially we were scared because we had no idea what to expect. As the day progressed we were having so much fun that we forgot about being scared, and were looking forward to the next weekend to do this all over again. Now that we are older, I think we should have him take us fishing like when we were little. =) Anyway, this stamp reminds me of the good old days.
This week, we are to follow this sketch (above). I really enjoyed making this card, it was a new layout, and I tried to use a color scheme that was not something I would regularly choose.
The colors I chose were Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Whisper White and Bashful Blue cardstock all from SU. The DSP is also from SU called Maine Blueberry. I was finally able to use the technique of creating a quilt-like pattern for the background cardstock with the help of my Scor-Pal. If you do not have a scor-pal you really ought to get one, they make life so much easier!! =)
Here are the deets for supplies used:
Penny Black Fish are Jumpin', SU Circle of Friendship (retired)
SU Cardstock and SU DSP
Versafine Black Ink
Copics
SU Not Quite Navy Marker
White Gel Pen
SU Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon
SU Three For You Flower Punch, 1" Circle Punch, and 1 1/4" Circle Punch
Scor-Pal
Dew Drops (Lily Pad)
Have a great day everyone and I'll see you tomorrow!! =)

12 comments:

Rita said...

Adorable card! I loved your story about fishing with your dad!

Prulletje said...

Hi Jodi thanx for sharing, love your card !! great colour combination :-)

haven a nice weekend !

Joy said...

GREAT CARD! love those penny black...you can never go wrong buying one =) have a great weekend!

Teri said...

Great chatting with ya today Jodi! I just love this card! Chicken skin hearing you reminisce about your "small kid time with your dad"...

CraftyC said...

I just love your card, so cute!
Clairex

eunice said...

This card is great! I love the colors you chose to use and the dew drops on the flowers. These Penny Black hedgehogs are favorites of mine.

Jodi said...

"http://inkedinspirations.blogspot.com/2008/10/whiff-of-joy-challenge-3.html"

Jodi said...

test

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curt in Carmel said...

You nailed this challenge! I love this image too! What a great layout and I love the "quilt" look! Best, Curt

malieta said...

Wow....Your card is so cute and that image is the cutest!

Belas Creating Place said...

I adore the Hedgies..they are so cute. Great card, the colours, design all of it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS