Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I tried it!

Hi everyone! I wanted to share this book I created using the tutorial that Teri has on her blog HERE. Her instructions are very easy to follow, it's a great book to make for any occassion. I created this one here for my niece for her first birthday. On the cover, I used my sizzlit letters called Fruit Smoothie which is one of my favs.
Each of the pages has a circle cut out with the coluzzle, and stamped before being assembled. Piecing the project together is the quickest part, I think cutting and prepping the sizes take a little more time. One thing good about the cutting is that there aren't many different sizes to cut. I also stamped some images from a set called Mindy's Zoo. If you like cute animals, this is the set you need to have. I saw this set at Teri's house and had to get one too! Thanks Teri! =)
In the center of the circle, she had threaded a scallop circle with a sentiment. I stamped the words Happy Birthday on each of the circles using different fonts in each.
Here you can see that there is a hippo on the left and monkey swinging on the vine.
There is also a lion and bird in the stamp set. After creating this star book I had filled the pages with pictures of my neice from her birthday party.
Last, I stamped the monkey with the flowers, and the giraffe and coconut tree. Now it's your turn, go ahead and make one you will be so proud of yourself when it's done! I think I will create another one in the future but keep it for myself! LOL!! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Joy said...

This is the cutest thing I have seen! I love the color and the cute zoo animals! I will one day try to attempt to make one...sigh* thanks for sharing! I love checking out your post of the day!

Fay said...

Such a cute book! Don't think I would have the patience to try it, though. Thanks for sharing!

Me... said...

Oh WOW Jodi!! You are too awesome! {sigh} I think it would take me two weeks to put something like this together, and then it still wouldn't come out right in the end! I want lessons! = )

Summer = )

Curt in Carmel said...

You know, I'm starting to hate coming to your blog because I always find something that is so creative and amazing that I have to add to my already huge list of things to try! Love your work! This is super! Best, Curt

Margie said...

Sooo Adorable! I love this stamp set :) I would have never thought to use it this way... great work!!!

malieta said...

Your book is awesome Jodi! I colors and images are beautiful!!r

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS