Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home is Where the Haunt is (LCWC #10)

Hi everyone! This is my card for Jen's Challenge (LCWC #10). Our challenge is to create a card the size of a #10 envelope, hence it's challenge #10!! Being that the card is long, I chose to create a scene for the next celebration of Halloween. The sets I chose include Home is Where the Haunt Is and Booglie Eyes, and yes they are both retired sets from Stampin' Up!. The first set comes with a haunted house, dead tree, moon, witch on a broom, small fence and a piece of a wall. After creating the background, I can see how this would look like a stamping wheel instead of separate pieces. The other set includes these little guys, a spider and wording. The clouds in the background were created using my cloud template.

I stamped and colored the little guys cut them out and mounted them onto the card. Can't you just see all the trick-or -treaters going from house to house in their costumes? I think the little ones are the cutest! Halloween is such a great time to dress up, plan a spooky party with all the creative treats, drinks and candies. Did I paint a good picture of it in your head? LOL! =)
Have a great day!!

12 comments:

Margie said...

This is sooo adorable! I love everything about your card :) Those stamps are so cute - too bad that they are already retired...

xo, margie

Cathy said...

Jodi - this is such a cute card!
I like all the little trick-or-treaters...

Joy said...

this is a great halloween card! great lcwc #10 challenge.

Heather said...

Just too too too darn cute! Great card!!! Hope you win!

Fay said...

So cute! You did a great job with the background!!!

J-Yo! said...

What a cute cute card, Jodi!! Thanks for playing... I love Halloween too. B4 I used to love it because I loved to party at the clubs Halloween nights... now, the evening is just for the kids... different kinda fun, but priceless!!!

Hugs,
Jen

malieta said...

Jodi your card is super cute!!! I love the way you thought outside the box and added the trick-or-treaters on the card:)

Cheryl said...

Love it Jodi! So cute with the whole gang!

Valerie said...

VERY cute Jodi!!

Maria said...

Aloha, Jodi!!! Hows the weather there in Hawaii? I love your card. . .it's really Spooky!! I love that stamp set. ..I can't remember if I bought it. Too bad they're retired. . .actually, too bad any of the SU stamp sets retire. Wouldn't it be nice if they circulate a few of the stamp sets every few years.

Great job on Jen's challenge!!

Maria

Summer... said...

I LOVE these goulish guys Jodi! So cute! The background, the house, EVERYthing is great! Can't wait for our Halloween stamps to come in!

Curt in Carmel said...

This has to be one of my most favorite Halloween card! WOW! Cute as it can be! Best, Curt

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS