Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hawaii Papaya

Mornin' y'all! Well, I had gotten up early this morning and decided to finish up a card I made using dew drops. I also had to be sure to take a picture of the card before I mail it off to someone who told me where to find them. (Hopefully she will not see this card before she gets it in the mail)These are really great to use as an embellishment for nearly any project. This is my first time using them and I really love it on the flowers!! =)


I wanted to make a card that had something to do with Hawaii, and how perfect is it that Stampin' Up! has come out with a new DSP called Hawaii Papaya. I have used it as a background on this card. I also have my sizzix die of the sandal and cut them out then ran them through my swiss dots cuttlebug folder for texture and a bit of realism. I have added a bit of sponging to the outer parts of the slipper too.

Another thing I added was a tag as if it were a pair of slippers in the store. So, because it's for a friend and you really can't put a price on friendship, I wrote in the word "priceless". The sentiment on the front of the tag is from TAJ (a LSS here in Hawaii). This was a really fun card to create, I think I will be making more of these in the future. I sure hope she likes this card... have a great day everyone!! =)




10 comments:

Joy said...

this is such a great "Hawaii" card! it is so cute! I love that you come up with great ideas and it gets my juices flowing to want to make something great too! thanks =)

Cathy said...

Wow, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to receive this card - very clever and you did such a good job!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

OMG Jodie! This one is sooooo cute! I love that DS Paper too. Now I have to buy some, lol. Might have to buy this sizzix die too. Love it!

Denise said...

So CUTE!! What a great idea. Did you get any of those Hello Kitty die's yet?

Allison said...

Terrific job...great way to think outside the box!

Fay said...

Great card!

JackieLou said...

I love this card Jodi... OMG Lucky the one who's getting this... Love it... SUPER cute...

Rita said...

So darn cute! Very creative & the colors are fantastic!

Valerie said...

OH MY them little flip flops are WAY TO CUTE!!!!

Leanne said...

AW!! This is awesome! I love it!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS