Monday, September 1, 2008

Cupcakes, Cupcakes and more Cupcakes!

I never thought that cupcakes would ever be one of the main focal points with desserts. Now, they are THE most popular dessert in the world of stamping! Well, don't get me wrong I think they are very cute and can make stamps one of the cutest such as this one from Penny Black. This is my entry card to Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #31. You don't have to use cupcakes to create your card for the challenge, you can use anything but just stick to the sketch. Since it is my first one with her, I chose to use a cupcake stamp.

It's great for me to participate in this challenge because it got me to use my stamp. I really love to color and if you do too, there are really great stamps out there that allow you to do that. Some of which include Penny Black, Whipper Snapper, Rachelle Ann Miller, and Sarah Kay stamps. I know there are more, but those are the ones off the top of my head. Anyway, I colored my stamp, cut out the image, mounted it, and added layers like the sketch (check it out HERE).

Then for the sentiment, I mounted it even higher than the image, and cut out paper flowers that were from the DSP and placed one on either side of the word. Brads were added to the center of the flowers to match. (I love mounting). The last thing I did was add crystal effects to the candle to give it a waxy finish. I was actually pleased with the way the card turned out.

Here are the supplies used:

Stamps: Penny Black and Stampin' Up!

Ink: Black Stazon, and SU

Paper: Georgia Peach DSP, WW, Old Olive, Regal Rose CS (all SU)

Accessories: Rose Grosgrain (SU), Brads (SU), mounting tape, and Crystal Effects.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



9 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute, Jodi! I love that image and you colored it beautifully!

Denise said...

What a cute card, that's a cute image. I made a few cupcake cards, I'll be posting one of them real soon!

Heather said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT!!! I love it!!! Your cards rock man!!! ((I need to go to bed :) ))

Cathy said...

Love the Penny Black cupcake image - really cute card Jodi!

Michelle Ueligitone said...

Hey Jodi,

Love this one! Love cupcakes too! Will have to check that challenge out. Adorable.

Teri said...

What a fun card and a great entry for Taylor's cupcake challenge!

Valerie said...

what a yummie card you made here!

Maria said...

I have that stamp and I think it's the cutest stamp! It's so fun to color! Your card turned out fabulous! I love the 3D look to it! Pretty colors too!!

Maria

malieta said...

Awwww....your card is adorable and I love this stamp!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS