Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School...

It's that time again where we all have to wake up about an hour earlier, get to bed a little earlier, and when traffic is much heavier. Traffic is the sure sign that school is back in session--especially here in Hawaii. I created this card for Allison's Weekly Challenge which is to make something with the back to school theme. I had fun making this card, using all the different school supply stamps from Stampin' Up!
This set of stamps is called Elementary Essentials. It includes everything except the apples and letters. The apples come from Stampin' Up! in a set called Tart and Tangy, and the letters are from a set of sizzlits from Sizzix called Fruit Smoothie. I love this letter set, it's one of my favorite fonts. In this picture I wanted to show you that I had stamped the pair of scissors twice to create the blue handle, and attach it to the gray cardstock. Then to make it a little more realistic I added a brad that looks like a screw much like some pair of scissors do.
Here I wanted to show you that the pencil really reminds me of the ones that I used to use later in elementary. The famous No. 2 pencils. lol!! That was always on the school supply list every single year!! Not sure what kinds of pencils the school list asks for now. I wonder if they are allowing kids to bring mechanical pencils? Does anyone know? Anyway, have a great Aloha Friday everyone! Thanks for stopping by~

7 comments:

Denise said...

I love it! So creative. Have a nice weekend.

Joy said...

nope...no mechanical pencils... still asking for those #2 pencils. maybe when you get to intermediate or high school. cute card...thanks for always inspiring us to do more!

Allison said...

Jodi, this creation is super! How fun! Great idea to include the Tart and Tangy set! Love the BG with the lines too (I have to steal this!). Cheers!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is absolutely adorable Jodi! Cute Cute Cute! Best, Curt

malieta said...

Hi Jodi,
Girl....you are super talented and your cards are such a joy to look at!
I am in awe of your talent and creativity!
risa:)

Valerie said...

WOW this rocks how cute!

Me Me Me said...

Thuis is so cute! I love it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS