Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wedding on 8-8-08

A dear friend had gotten married yesterday which is supposed to be the luckiest day according to the chinese. They are the perfect match for each other...Congrats guys!! It was a small, intimate ceremony and later a sizeable reception. Anyway, she had chosen red and gold to be her wedding colors (because it's the most oriental) and I made a card to reflect them.
I used one of my most favorite sets from Stampin Up called Roses in Winter. This is the most versatile set for me. The roses can be used for any occassion, in any color. The words are also from stampin' up called elegant greetings, and versatile verses.
Cardstock also from SU, in gold, white and real red. I have also heat embossed the small flowers in gold. It's a very simple, easy card to create should you have no idea what to make, especially for weddings. For me, I try to use the colors that the couple has chosen and go from there. There are other cards, where if there is time, I will elect to use only white and offwhite. That works really well too! Have a great Saturday!


3 comments:

Heather said...

they are beautiful. 8 is my favorite number. when we were dating we would sub it for the infinity symbol. I am sure it was a very special wedding.

Rita said...

So beautiful!

Maria said...

oooh, very pretty Jodi! I love that stamp set. . .it looks so elegant!!

Hey, your profile says you're an RN. Where do you work at?

Maria

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS