Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mojo Monday #48

Here is the sketch challenge for Mojo Monday! I know it's already Saturday, but I still have until tomorrow and so do you!! Isn't Julie so great with these? Head on over to her site as she is having a new sketch everyday for the celebration of her Anniversary with the Verve Forum.
Here is my try at it. I really wanted to use a color that I find difficult for myself to use. This one in particular just so happens to be a new SU In Color called Pacific Point. The only part of the card that uses the new CS called Pacific Point is the scalloped edge and white dotted strip. The other CS is from Greg who owns Playshop papers here in the islands. I have a hard time using deep blues especially if it's not for the holidays or if there is currently no matching DSP for it. I love creating cards with the embossing folders, and then sanding them to get the white part of the CS to expose. It really gives it dimension and adds as a good background.
I have mounted the scallop circle for the card, and mounted the layers of circles on them too. I love these colors together, sometimes you just have to use about 3 or 4 to make it look just right. I have also cut the edges of the scallop to give it more of a flower-like appearance.
Have a great Saturday, and here are a list of the supplies used:
SU Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss CS,Playshop paper by Greg
Stazon Black Ink
Kiwi Kiss Ink
SU White Grosgrain Ribbon
SU Vintage Brads
SU Scallop Circle Punch
SU Circle Punches
SU Scallop Border Punch
SU White Gel Pen
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sanding Blocks
Stamps: SU Wow Flowers (Not available until August 11th)

6 comments:

Denise said...

Boy, GF you have been busy making cards. I need to get the mojo back......I have been so busy. I will try this coming week.

Kim said...

This is so lovely and fresh! Is the new cs white in the middle then? SU is doing so many nifty new things it seems.

Rita said...

Beautiful card Jodi! I luv how vibrant this blue cs is, I hope all the new in colors are as beautiful as this one. I can't wait to order some!!!

Cheryl said...

Hey Jodi, that's such a pretty card!

Valerie said...

I love this sketch I might have to try it out! Your card came out so adorable! GREAT job!

Julee from Verve said...

Lovely card. I didn't know SU! cardstock had a white core. That I guess I'll have to get out my sanding block and test it out.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS