Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Goodies!!!

Check it out.... I am back in business with a camera that functions like it should!! Bryan took my camera in to find out what was wrong with it, so it turns out that nothing is wrong with the lens, but the sensor. It will need to be checked out by someone within the next week and we'll find out if it is worth getting fixed or better to just buy a new one. However, this is not my camera, it's Bryan's. He always comes to my rescue when things go wack-o, which is one of the million little reasons we are soon to tie the knot!!! How exciting...
Speaking of exciting, here are the new IN COLORS for the '08-'09 Stampin' Up! year, along with a really awesome new punch! I love it all and so will you! There are also new stamp sets coming out and I have used one of them to create these 2 cards.

The set I used is called Dreams du Jour. I also used the new In Color CS. Here the base of the card is Baja Breeze, the DSP is also new and is called Bella Rose. I used Kiwi Kiss CS and scallop punch to create a border around the butterfly that is stamped on whisper white card stock. The ink is Baja Breeze.

Here is a side view of the card to show you I stamped the butterfly in Baja Breeze on white CS and also onto Vellum. I then cut out the butterflies that were stamped on vellum, and adhered it to the CS with a glue dot in the center of the butterfly's body. I love mounting things I think it really makes the card, gives it great depth and dimension.

This is a view from the top to show you how mounting can give it that extra special touch!

A close up of the butterfly and punched items. I also used white ribbon from SU to add as an accent for the card.
This next card is also done from the Dreams du Jour set. I have used the long scallop punch to create a decoration for the bottom of my card. I love pink, and this is a beautiful pink called Pink Pirouette. To me, it's a sweet color for a baby girl...even softer than the Pretty In Pink color.






This time, I did not use my SU scallop punch, instead I used my circle scallop nestabilities. This seemed to have fit perfectly! The DSP is Bella Rose, don't you love it! Everything coordinates so well.
Here you can see that not only did I stamp, color, cut, and mount (again!), I also used my cuttlebug embossing folder to add to the card. I love the swiss dots, they go with just about everything. I don't have a cuttlebug, so I use my big shot to emboss.
ok, I am off to create something and make use of the camera while I can. Have a great day!!



4 comments:

charlotte said...

Love your cards - very creative use of the vellum for the butterfly but I especially love the Dreams set and the paper you used - a must buy!

Teri said...

Hey Jodi! I'm glad that Bryan came to your rescue with a camera! I just LOVE the card you made with the butterflies!! I can't wait to get my new stamp sets too!! Looking foward to more of your creations! Bring the card on Sunday so I can see it IRL...so pretty!

Lologrl said...

oh wow - love all these creations!!! very cute n' that butterfly punch... NICE!!!

hugs,
Jen

malieta said...

Very beautiful card Jodi and the DP is AweSomE!!! I've seen a lot of the sneak peaks and SU is on a roll!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS