Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jen's LCWC #1

Here is Jen's sketch for week #1 of her new challenge.



This is my entry for Jen's weekly challenge. I loved it because I got to use the stamp sets that I have never used and used some that I have not touch in a while. I have to get this into her before midnight.. kind of like how Cinderella has to hurry home before the carriage turns into a pumpkin!! LOL!!! These owl stamps are from CHF. They really do have sleepy eyes, which is pretty appropriate for me at the moment... =)



Here I used old olive, close to cocoa and always artichoke CS and Inks. I also mounted the eyes on the owl and parts of the card.


Had to show you that I used crystal lacquer on the beak and claws of the owl. To me it makes it look somewhat real. In Hawaii, some say if you see a white owl, it represents a good omen, or is there to protect you and watch over you to keep you away from harm. Well, I have to send this off to Jen. I really hope I made it in time... wish me luck!!!




6 comments:

Jen Young said...

You made it, Cinderella.... thanks for playing! These owls are super cute, but with really tired looking eyes... you did great with this challenge...

way to go!

hugs,
Jen

Marie said...

Love the owls! I also like how you used the glossies! That's what I call the crystal lacquer. I don't have any owl stamps... Gonna have to and get some! Lol! Marie.

Denise said...

Love the card, great detail work. Have a nice week.

Curt in Carmel said...

This is one cute hoot! Adorable! Best, Curt

malieta said...

Very cute card and that owl is hot!

Allison said...

Love this Jodi! Those owls are a fav of mine and the colors are a brilliant combo!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS