Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July and Candy!!

Happy hump day! Somehow I always feel I need to create a card for Christmas during the month of July. Maybe I should be making more than just one card, Christmas will just sneak up on me every year and I find myself just jamming through the wee hours of the morning trying to create as many cards as I can before the sun starts to rise!! (Anyone out there know what I mean?) Well, let's go to the card. I have chosen to use my cuttlebug folders again, and here I have used another border. This one reminded me of holly berries, so I added some bling to the embossed circles. Just above that I have used my scor-pal and made 2 lines to separate but mainly to accent as well. Then, it looks like I used my Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder, but I did not. There is a border that looks like the swiss dots but only about 1 inch in width. That folder makes it easier to emboss areas that one regular sized folder can't.
Here you may be able to see the background that looks like the regular sized Swiss Dots folder. I used my Whipper Snapper christmas stamp and colored with some copics, stampin' up pens and twinkling H2Os. Lookie what I got! I had just gotten my candy today from Cheryl and LOVE everything she gave me!! I can't wait to get these babies inked up!! Thanks for stopping by! =)


4 comments:

Denise said...

Love the Christmas card, so cute! I LOVE your goodies too. Lucky girl.
Hugs

Heather said...

I Love your card! The way you used the cuttlebug border folders is too cute and such a cool idea! I have not mastered my cuttlebug yet.
And look at those yummy goodies:) I love the cupcakes .. the Santas .. flowers.. I love it all:) you will make some awesome~ness with that stuff for sure! I so need to build my stamp collection! Thanks for the inspiration! I need to start Christmas cards as well:)

Teri said...

Jodi, I just love this card!! July is a good month to start on our holiday stuff!! Wowee! what a great bunch of "candy" you got from Cheryl!!

Stamping with Heather said...

I love the combination of the folders and the red bling for the berries - great card!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS