Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthday Dinner and $ Holder

Here I am with great friends, Erika and Danell!! We went out to celebrate my birthday, and just to hang out with adults only. By this I mean that our friend Erika has 2 adorable boys who usually occupy all of her time, so this was a great opportunity for her to take a break. The guys are there too, just on the other end of the camera! We had no idea where to go that night and chose to go somewhere that we have not been to, dress casually, enjoy good entertainment, and hopefully good food. We ended up at Kincaid's at Ward. Everything we were looking for was there! The entertainment was great!! They had a group called Jook Joint, a really, really great group of guys!
Well, Erika's Birthday is just 10 days after me, so looks like we'll have to celebrate again!

Here I have created a money holder for a swap with a group of girls who work on the University of Hawaii Manoa Campus. Each month we have a new challenge to complete. I love swaps because they allow you to challenge yourself and think outside the box, and you also get new ideas from others. I had misplaced the template to create this money holder, and had to resort to finding one and taking it apart to trace onto my cardstock. It's a good thing that I only had to make 7 total. So, once I finished tracing that, I had to score all the folds and tape them together, and decorate. The supplies used were: Seeing Spots, and Enjoy Every Moment stamp sets, Groovy Guava CS, Chocolate Chip CS, Vanilla CS, groovy guava, chocloate chip, and so saffron ink, vintage brad, dimesionals, white gel pen, 1 3/8" circle punch, and scallop punch. Have a great Monday!!

Here is the front view of the money holder. I really liked how the colors work well together.


This is the back of the money holder.

I created a mini band to go around the holder, to keep it held together, but also to make it look good.




A side view of the band, and all the layers created to make that 3D effect.





Here is a side view of the holder together with the band.



Holder without the band to show that i did not use a wheel to stamp this, instead, I hand stamped each and every little thing on there. I just wanted to get the flowers to be in the right place.







This is what the inside looks like. Used the circle punch and scallop punch to create a window for the bill.







4 comments:

aerolgirl said...

Hi Jodi- i remember you from one of the stampin up weekends. i think you did something similar to this holder for your swap. thanks for sharing how to do it! i'm glad you got a blog!

Rita said...

Hi Jodi, thanks for your comment on the scrapbook. You will have plenty of time after your wedding to work on your scrapbooks. I rushed & I'm not happy with some of the pages...so take your time!

I love your money holder! I may have to make one of those, thanks for the idea!

Teri said...

Hey Jodi, Love this money holder, super cute! Happy Belated birthday!!! You guys looked like you had such a fun time.

Cathy said...

Hi Jodi!
Happy Belated Birthday!!
I like what you did on that money holder envelope! Nice colors and the flower band really adds to it.
Thanks for telling us about your blog - I can post a comment now.
Great job!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

MY CARD CREATIONS